2011-07-31

I've decided ...

I've decided to become a full time sports blogger. Seems like a relatively easy gig, and it really takes no expertise. Plus, it always ends up in long term job security and wealth.

So I'll save the diatribe on pro athletes, money, greed, and how asinine the whole thing is, i mean how well compensated they are and how the people who provide that compensation are seemingly never made to be the most important aspect of any sport's culture.

Instead I just want to rant about how I think the Eagles are going to totally suck this year. Everyone knows the best db's can't make up for a lack of a pass rush. Ask Donte Whitner. Also, Michael Vick might make some amazing plays that no other athlete in the NFL can make. But he's not a winner. Never has been, and I don't think he ever will be. The eagles will be fun to watch, but they will not win a super bowl. Sorry. Also, I'd put down some serious bank on the odds that Vick is injured and misses at least 25% of the season. Good luck with VY philly.

Can't cry for those fans though, the Phillies are STACKED... Ideally Hank Steinbrenner would make a phone call that went something like this "Hey Rub (Ruben Amaro Jr. phillies GM) how's it going? Listen, I'll trade you my team for your team straight up, whatdya think?"

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. turns out you were pretty much spot on with that one so far. nice prediction.

    ReplyDelete