bah, i'm going to miss the beach fossils when they play rochester on july 13th, but that doesn't mean that you should ... why?
well basically i really like their album here's why so far
- they are from brooklyn
- they sound like they are from brooklyn
- they are hyped like they are from brooklyn
- i am kind of getting sick of brooklyn
- their shit isn't catchy cause a hipster told you it was. it actually is.
- they triumph where others in their group have failed ... to win me over that is.
- what i mean is that they sound a SHIT TON like real estate. which i suppose is technically NJ, but whatever. however where real estate's last album as pointless and meandering Beach Fossils kick up the pace, keep the music to their point, and don't try to overdo it. Overdo it? Isn't that what bands are all trying to achieve, something new and unique ... perhaps ... but at the same time when you're just experimenting with sound only validation for hipster douches are going to tell you if it's good. People with ears and without pretentious posture just want to hear shit that is invigorating on some level, not confusing or sorta ok, unless you're stoned, then it's totally ok ...
- they have that weird black lips hollowed out vocals thing which is awesome. i'm pretty sure my parents have a cheesey plastic toy that can make the same effect if you speak into it. shit, if only i had known, i would have saved my plastic neon sunglasses and echo microphone toys from my youth. I would be sooooo effing hipster.
- but enough ... the beach fossils album is genuinely enjoyable. thanks guys, sorry i'm gonna miss ya.